How to apply for benefit when self-employed
In addition to following the steps under Unemployed, you will also need to supply us with additional documentation about you and your business. You can easily apply for benefits via our e-service Mina sidor.
We will need the following information in order to be able to calculate your unemployment benefit:
- Information from the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) detailing your income from the company. Complete and submit the form, Request for Disclosure of Information from Skatteverket. You can find the form once you log on to Mina sidor. When you have sent in the above form, we will receive a summary of your yearly income for the past three years. We will only receive your income statement for the latest year at the end of the year. Therefore, you must send us a copy of your Income statement (kontrolluppgifter) if you had a limited liability company (aktiebolag), or your tax return (självdeklaration) including any attachments for additional companies for the last year.
- Certificate from the Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) if you have received parental benefits or sick pay during the past few years.
- Work certificate from your employer (Arbetsgivarintyg) if you have been employed during the last three years.
- Copy of your pension approval, if you have been granted a pension.
If you have completely ceased operations in your company:
- Documents confirming de-registration (avregistrering) or proof of change (ändringsbevis) of the company, issued by the Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket).
- Contracts relating to the sale of any equipment or inventories.
- Transfer of shares in the company, when the company has been sold.
- Revocation of any permit which was necessary for the operation of your company.
- Termination of any lease.
- In the event of bankruptcy, judgments from the district court (Tingsrätten).
- In the event of liquidation, the decision from Bolagsverket, which states that a liquidator has been appointed. Be aware that you may not yourself be appointed as liquidator and, in some cases, neither may family members.
- Copy of the decision which shows that your approval for paying corporate tax (F-skattsedel) has been revoked.
- If you have held a lease, send a copy of the agreement which shows that this lease has expired.
If you have temporarily suspended operations in your company:
- Please provide information relating to the suspension of the company by completing the forms Work Certificate for the Self-Employed and Suspension of Own Business. You can find the forms on Mina sidor.
If you do not have an electronic-ID you can order the forms here.