About cookies

On 1st July 2011, changes were made to the Law on Electronic Communications (2003:389). This means that when you visit a website, you may need to explicitly agree to the website's use of cookies.

Some cookies are necessary for alfakassan.se to operate effectively and these have already been saved temporarily onto your computer. They will, however, be deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Cookies are also used on Alfa-kassan's website to ensure that visitors receive a better user-experience.

You will, therefore, need to permit the storage of cookies on your computer in order to be able to use the site in the way in which we've intended.

How to apply for benefit when self-employed

In addition to following the steps under Unemployed, you will also need to supply us with additional documentation about you and your business. You can easily apply for benefits via our e-service Mina sidor.

We will need the following information in order to be able to calculate your unemployment benefit: 

  • Information from the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) detailing your income from the company. Complete and submit the form, Request for Disclosure of Information from Skatteverket. You can find the form once you log on to Mina sidor. When you have sent in the above form, we will receive a summary of your yearly income for the past three years. We will only receive your income statement for the latest year at the end of the year. Therefore, you must send us a copy of your Income statement (kontrolluppgifter) if you had a limited liability company (aktiebolag), or your tax return (självdeklaration) including any attachments for additional companies for the last year.
  • Certificate from the Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) if you have received parental benefits or sick pay during the past few years.
  • Work certificate from your employer (Arbetsgivarintyg) if you have been employed during the last three years.
  • Copy of your pension approval, if you have been granted a pension.

If you have completely ceased operations in your company:

  • Documents confirming de-registration (avregistrering) or proof of change (ändringsbevis) of the company, issued by the Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket).
  • Contracts relating to the sale of any equipment or inventories.
  • Transfer of shares in the company, when the company has been sold.
  • Revocation of any permit which was necessary for the operation of your company.
  • Termination of any lease.
  • In the event of bankruptcy, judgments from the district court (Tingsrätten).
  • In the event of liquidation, the decision from Bolagsverket, which states that a liquidator has been appointed. Be aware that you may not yourself be appointed as liquidator and, in some cases, neither may family members.
  • Copy of the decision which shows that your approval for paying corporate tax (F-skattsedel) has been revoked.
  • If you have held a lease, send a copy of the agreement which shows that this lease has expired.

If you have temporarily suspended operations in your company:

  • Please provide information relating to the suspension of the company by completing the forms Work Certificate for the Self-Employed and Suspension of Own Business. You can find the forms on Mina sidor

If you do not have an electronic-ID you can order the forms here.

Updated: 2021-03-18


Log in

Mina sidor

This is where you who are receiving benefits from Alfa-kassan can get an overview of your benefits and your coming payments.

Min anslutning

This is where you will find information about your registration with us, and the fees you have paid in, etc.


Send all your forms, documents and certificates to the following address:
FE 69
930 88 Arjeplog