About cookies

On 1st July 2011, changes were made to the Law on Electronic Communications (2003:389). This means that when you visit a website, you may need to explicitly agree to the website's use of cookies.

Some cookies are necessary for alfakassan.se to operate effectively and these have already been saved temporarily onto your computer. They will, however, be deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Cookies are also used on Alfa-kassan's website to ensure that visitors receive a better user-experience.

You will, therefore, need to permit the storage of cookies on your computer in order to be able to use the site in the way in which we've intended.

Part-time employment

You can receive benefits in combination with part-time work for a maximum of 60 weeks during a benefit period. When the 60 part-time weeks have been used up, you will not be able to get benefits for the weeks you work or have a vacation.

For example:

  • If you work part-time for a week and receive benefits for that week, the week will be deducted from the 60 part-time weeks. 
  • If you receive benefit for a week in which you have not worked or had a holiday, it will not count as a part-time week. 

New benefit period and part-time limitation

If you meet the conditions and are granted a new benefit period, you will be entitled to 60 new part-time weeks.

Exclusion with terminated or rejected part-time employment

An applicant shall be excluded from the right to compensation, including if he or she has left employment without a valid reason. There are times when you can leave employment or cease to be active in your part-time business without being excluded from entitlement to benefit. This applies if you have used up your 60 part-time weeks and the income from your work is lower than the daily allowance you receive if you do not work.

If you have used up your 60 part-time weeks you may, under certain conditions, decline an offered job without being excluded from entitlement to benefit. This will apply if the extent of the employment is less than your job choice and the income from the part-time work is less than 90% of the daily allowance. 

A single person with a child or children under 18 years old

A single person with his or her own child or children under the age of 18 living wholly or partially in the person‘s own home, can be assigned to the job and development guarantee when the 60 part-time weeks have been used up. The assignment will be made by the Swedish Public Employment Service.

You can log on to Mina sidor to see if you have any part-time weeks left. To apply for benefits, it is therefore necessary to submit a time report. 

Updated: 2022-04-01


Log in

Mina sidor

This is where you who are receiving benefits from Alfa-kassan can get an overview of your benefits and your coming payments.

Min anslutning

This is where you will find information about your registration with us, and the fees you have paid in, etc.


Send all your forms, documents and certificates to the following address:
FE 69
930 88 Arjeplog